How to transfer Quicken from one computer to another?
In this article, we will discuss how to transfer Quicken from one computer to another. There are a couple of ways to transfer Quicken like by using some kind of software but we’ll only talk about manually and online.
This may also help you
How to transfer Quicken Manually from one computer to another.
- Open Quicken
- Go to File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File (Ctrl+B)
- Create a Backup into the Local location of your computer
- Attach the removable disk (flash drive) and copy the backup into it, eject it once a backup has been made
- Put the flash drive into another computer in which Quicken is already installed
- Move or Copy Quicken files into the local location from a flash drive
- Open Quicken
- Go to File > Backup and Restore > Restore from the backup file
- Choose restore from your backup & go to the location where you copy or move the backup files
- Click restore & you’re ready to go
How to transfer Quicken online from one computer to another.
It means to transfer the files to an online platform like dropbox etc. Now Quicken provides 5GB free backup space with Dropbox®.
Transfer the Quicken from an Online app is easy but how can we transfer Quicken from one computer to another through an online app. Under the following steps will help you :
1. Go to www.dropbox.com & sign up for an account. It’s Free!
2. Download Dropbox into your old computer & sign in with your username & password.
3. Open Quicken
4. Go to File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File (Ctrl+B)
5. Change the backup location towards to the dropbox.
6. Click Backup Now.
( Put the username & password in Dropbox, if asking)
7. Shift towards to another computer download dropbox & sign in.
8. Open Quicken
9. Go to File > Backup and Restore > Restore From Backup File.
10. Go to the dropbox location and click it to restore.
Important : We suggest to the Quicken users use online platform for backup because if something happens in computer your Quicken information will be safe online.
Not Sure about the conversion process? Contact to Quicken Customer Service
1. Transfer Quicken from Mac to Windows
2. Transfer Quicken From Windows to Mac