If you recently purchased a new Mac computer and you were using QuickBooks on your Windows computer, you don’t need to start everything from scratch. It’s easy to transfer QuickBooks Windows to MacBook.
You can convert the QuickBooks company file to Mac and get started where you left on Windows. Also, it’s very important to know that you can only transfer your company file from QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, or Accountant Editions.
One important thing to do prior to the transfer process
Create a Company File Backup
It’s a recommendation from us is to create the company file backup because if there would be any fallback in between the troubleshooting, you’ll not lose any of your company data.
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Choose the type of a backup
> Online Backup
> Local Backup
- Then click Next
Now follow the on-screen instructions to create a company file backup.
Note: The process may be complex, you can speak with our experts for quick assistance. Dial our Toll-Free or leave us your message.
3 Simple Steps to Transfer QuickBooks Windows to MacBook
Step 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Click on Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
- Then restart QuickBooks Desktop
Step 2: Create a Company File Copy for QuickBooks Mac
- Open QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
- Log in to the company file as Admin
- Then go to the File > Utilities
- Select Copy Company File for QuickBooks Mac…
- Click OK to close all the open QuickBooks Windows and it will create a MAC.qbb backup file.
- Assign a name to the company file and then save it to your preferred location. It’s suggested by us to do it on an external drive(USB) so it would be easy to move to Mac.
- Then click on Save
- Click OK. Once you successfully exported the company file.
Step 3: Restore the MAC.qbb Backup File on MacBook
- Close QuickBooks for Mac
- Copy the Mac.qbb backup file on the Document folder
- Reopen QuickBooks for Mac
- Then go to the File menu > Open Company
- Select the Mac.qbb backup file and click Open
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to open the company file
If you’re using an old version or unsupported version of QuickBooks Desktop, it’s suggested to upgrade it to the latest version and then move QuickBooks Desktop from Windows to Mac.
After following all the above steps you can easily transfer QuickBooks Windows to MacBook. In case, you need any help, please speak to our expert.
- Transfer Quicken to QuickBooks Desktop
- Transfer QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub