When you’re trying to open QuickBooks POS you may encounter an error “There’s a new QuickBooks Point of Sale Software update waiting for you” it generally happens when the software is required to install the latest release.
You may also see the pop-up window saying ‘Sorry, we hit an error! Please try downloading the new Quickbooks Desktop Point of Sale software update from the Intuit website. When you try to install the update the same window may come up again.
As software may not be able to launch, we may need to force QuickBooks POS to install some latest releases.
In this post, you’ll find the causes and solution steps to fix this problem:
Causes for this problem
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is not updated to the latest release patch
- Some security software may be blocking QuickBooks releases to install on your computer
Note: The process to fix this may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message and we’ll contact you.
5 Simple Steps to Fix: There’s a new QuickBooks Point of Sale Software update waiting for you
Step 1: Close QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Processes and Services
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to open Task Manager
- Click on the More details
- Click on the Details tab
- Select qbpos.exe, QBPOSDBService.exe, QBPOSShell.exe and end all three tasks one by one.
- Now close the Task Manager window
Step 2: Show Hidden Files and Folders
Windows 11, 10
- Press Windows+E keys together to open File Explorer
- To the top menu, select the View tab > Hidden items
- Make a right-click on a Start button and select Control Panel
- Click on Appearances and Personalization > Fonts > Folder Options
- Under the folder options window select the View tab, select Hidden files and folders and choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click Apply and then OK
Step 3: Delete WSActivity File Folder
- Browse to C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of SaleXX.
- Open the INI folder, then delete the WSActivity file
- If asks, click Yes to confirm
Step 4: Delete Contents of Entitlement Client Folder
- Browse to C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Now press Ctrl+A to select all the files at once
- Then make a right-click and click Delete
- Click Yes to confirm
Now you can open the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and it prompts you to install the update and follow the on-screen instructions. if the same pop-up comes up again, please consider the below step too.
Step 5: Configure Firewall
This problem may also arise because of the firewall configuration. If the firewall is blocking access to the workstation then you might face this problem while working with QB POS.
You can contact your IT team or speak with our experts to check firewall settings.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Point of Sale Error: There’s a new QuickBooks Point of Sale Software update waiting for you but if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.
- Download the Old QuickBooks POS Version
- QuickBooks POS Error: 176120 invalid License Key Status, Key Denied
- There’s a new QuickBooks Software update waiting for you