When using the old Quicken version such as Quicken 2006, you may encounter an error “The PDF driver cannot be found” in Quicken it generally arises when the PDF printer driver not installed properly at the time of installation.
This problem also occurs when the printer driver is no longer compatible with the current Windows version.
You may see this error as:
Error When Printing to a PDF File: The PDF driver cannot be found
Note: You may also like to read unable to print in Quicken
In this post, we’ve discussed the causes and solution steps to fix this problem.
Causes of this problem
- Quicken version isn’t up to date
- PDF driver is unable to run with the current Windows edition
Important: The process to fix this problem may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message we’ll contact you.
3 Simple Steps to Fix The PDF driver cannot be found an issue in Quicken
Step 1: Update Quicken to the Latest Release
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- If an update is available to download click on Yes to launch
Step 2: Ensure to Log in to your computer as Administrator
It’s recommended to login with the Admin account to perform the troubleshooting steps. To ensure that you’re logged with admin:
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run command
- Type Control and click OK
- Click on the User Accounts
- Ensure that you’re logged in as Administrator
Step 3: Restore PDFdev.bat File
Once you’re in Admin mode, now you need to restore the PDFdev.bat file to fix this issue.
- Open Windows File Explorer (Windows Key+E)
- Now navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken
- Now open the PDFDrv folder
- Click on InstallPDFConverter.exe
- Now navigate to C:\Windows\System32\wbem
- Now click on the framedyn.dll
- Choose the Edit >Copy
- Now open C:\Windows\System32 and Paste (Ctrl+V) the framedyn.dll file in the System32 folder
- Go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\PDFDrv folder
- Make a double click on restorePDFDriver(.bat file)
- Now open Quicken and ensure if the same problem comes up again
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face Error When Printing to a PDF File: The PDF driver cannot be found in Quicken, in case you have the same problem, please speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or Leave us your message.