When a user(s) tries to print an invoice, estimate, sales receipt, or any kind of other form they may encounter an Intuit Printer Library Error “The form you are about to print does not fit on the page. You may wish to modify your print settings such as portrait/landscape. Click OK to print anyway, or cancel to skip printing this form.”
It generally happens when the printer and QuickBooks Desktop print settings are different from each other such as paper size, paper format, etc. Sometimes this issue also occurs when the wrong printer is selected in QuickBooks.
Causes for this issue:
- An incorrect printer is selected in QuickBooks to print the forms
- Page size is different for QuickBooks Desktop
List of things to do prior to taking the below troubleshooting steps
A. Create a Company File Backup
It’s a recommendation from us is to create the company file backup because if there would be any fallback in between the troubleshooting, you’ll not lose any of your company data.
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Choose the type of a backup
> Online Backup
> Local Backup
- Then click Next
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a company file backup
B. Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Click on Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
- Then restart QuickBooks Desktop
Note: The process to fix this issue may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial our Toll-Free or leave us your message.
3 Simple Steps to fix ‘The form you are about to print does not fit on the page’ Issue
Step 1: Ensure about the Printer Setup in QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the File > Printer Setup…
- Choose the Form Name with which you’re facing an issue such as Invoice, Estimate, etc.
- Ensure that the correct Printer name is selected
- Then click Options(we’re taking an example of invoices)
- Click on the Layout
- Now choose the correct Orientation such as Portrait or Landscape
- Then click Advanced…
- Now choose the correct Page Size such as A4, A5,etc.
Now try to print your form again and see if the problem is fixed, if not, please take the below steps too.
Step 2: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your downloads
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on the desktop)
Step 3: Run Print and PDF Repair Tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to Program Problems > QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool
- It may take some time to repair
- Once it’s completed.
- Try to print the forms again in QuickBooks Desktop
After following the above steps you’ll no longer face Intuit Printer Library issue: ‘The form you are about to print does not fit on the page. You may wish to modify your print settings such as portrait/landscape. Click OK to print anyway, or cancel to skip printing this form’ but in case the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts.