Error: The attempt to download from this institution has failed, occur when you’re trying to download transaction from the financial institution in Quicken for Mac.
Are you also facing Quicken error “The attempt to download from this institution has failed.” ? No Problem!
Quick Note: This error only occurs in Quicken for Mac
We have the solution steps to fix it but first, we will look for its causes.
List of causes Quicken error “The attempt to download from this institution has failed” in Quicken For Mac.
- An account exists no more with Quicken server
- Account got deactivated and you restore the backup file etc.
Simple Steps to fix Quicken Error “The attempt to download from this institution has failed”
STEP ONE: Deactivate the account that has this error code
- Click on the account from the account bar which is affected by the error
- Click on Setting at the bottom right-hand side corner
- Under the At your financial institution section, click on Troubleshooting
- Click Deactivate Downloads and Save
- Repeat the same steps for other accounts that have this problem
STEP TWO: Reactivate the affected account
- Go to Accounts > New > Account Type
- Enter the name of your bank and click on continue
- Type your financial institution login credentials (Username/Password)
- On next screen, you may ask for Vault Password or security question. You need to fulfill the security and click Continue
- Once Quicken got your existing account for the bank, you need to link it again
- In the Action Column select the appropriate existing account
- In the Type menu, choose the correct account type from the drop-down arrow
- Once everything is done click on Continue to activate the particular account
- Now click on Finish
- Follow the same steps to activate another account that have Quicken error “The attempt to download from this institution has failed“
After following the above steps you’ll no longer face Quicken error The attempt to download from this institution has failed but in case if it does exist please contact Quicken Support or dial 1-877-353-8076
You may like the below links