You may encounter System Argument Exception: Parameter is not a valid issue while working with Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop. It generally arises when the vendor name contains special characters, etc.
System.Argument.Exception: Parameter is not Valid
- System.Argument.Exception: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)at System.Drawing.Image.fromStream(Stream stream)at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()at System.Windows.Forms.PcitureBox.set_ImageLocation(String value)at OLB_ Workflow.UICtrl_OLBWorkflow.SetILogo(String strFILogoPath)
- System.ArgumentOutOfRange.Exception: Index was out of range.
Causes for this error code
- Damaged Payee or Vendor
- Special character in the vendor name
Note: The process to fix this issue may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial our Toll-Free or leave us your message.
5 Simple Steps to Fix System.Argument.Exception: Parameter is not Valid
Step 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Version
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Click on Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
- Then restart QuickBooks Desktop
Step 2: Remove Special Characters from Vendor’s Names
- Go to Vendors > Vendors Center
- Under the Vendors tab, click on the drop-down menu and choose All Vendors
- Now from the vendor names, ensure that there are no special characters in between their name such as (@,#)
- If you found a vendor’s name with the special character used, make a right-click on it and choose Edit Vendor
- Delete the special character from the Vendor’s name and click OK
If the same problem still exists, please follow the below steps too.
Step 3: Switch to the Classic Mode
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Edit > Preferences
- Select the Checking and click on Company Preferences
- Under the Bank Feeds section, choose Classic Mode and click OK
- Click OK again to change the preference
- Now restart your QuickBooks and then use the Bank feeds
Step 4: Fix Microsoft Components (.NET Framework, MSXML and C++)
You may also face this error when your computer components are damaged. Follow the below point to fix the damaged components automatically.
A. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and then go to your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
B. Run QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Choose the Program Problems tab
- Click on QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool
- It starts to fix Microsoft’s damaged components automatically on your computer. It may take some time to complete all the tasks.
- Once it completes the tasks, click on OK
- Close QuickBooks Tool Hub and try to do the bank feeds again
Step 5: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Important – Before you go ahead and uninstall & reinstall QuickBooks get ready with your license or product number because in the process of the reinstallation of the QuickBooks desktop it will ask you for the information.
If you don’t have a license and product number, you can get the information on your registered email address by visiting here.
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows+R keys together to open a Run command
- Type Control and click OK to open the Control Panel
- Click Programs and Features
- Under the Programs list select QuickBooks and click Uninstall
- Click Yes, If prompts you
- Click Next and choose Remove
- Then, click Next and then Remove
- It may take some time to uninstall QuickBooks from your computer
- Click Finish, Once the installation wizard successfully uninstalled QuickBooks
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
You can install the QuickBooks installation setup directly from the Intuit website, please follow the below instructions to do so.
- Visit the QuickBooks Downloads website
- Then click on Standard Setup
- Now select the Country
- Then choose your Product as QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, etc.
- Then select your version such as 2020, 2021, 2022
- Click Search
- Then click Download
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to reinstall QuickBooks
After following all the above steps, you’ll no longer face “System Argument Exception: Parameter is not Valid” but in case the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts.