While updating the payroll or software you may encounter an error server not responding. It generally arises when there is an issue with the internet connection.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix this problem.
Note: You may also face couldn’t connect to the email server.
Causes for server not responding in QuickBooks Desktop
- Internet working slow or loss of the connection
- There are too many programs are running on the computer
Quick Note: Process to fix this problem may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Call our TollFree or Leave us your message.
5 Simple Steps to Fix Server not Responding in QuickBooks
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your browser downloads(Ctrl+J)
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on the desktop)
Step 2: Download and Run Quick Fix My Program
- Once the program is completely installed
- Go to Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program
- It may take some time to run
- Once completed, reopen QuickBooks Desktop
Step 3: Reset the QuickBooks Update
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Then go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Then click on Update Now to the top right corner
- Now make a check on Reset Update and click Get Updates
- Once Update is complete, close QuickBooks
Step 4: Download the Latest Release Manually
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to QuickBooks Download and Update page
- Then select your Country, Product, and Version
- Click Search
- Then click Get the Latest Updates
- Once the update is downloaded, make a click on it
Step 5: Ensure the Internet Connection
You need to ensure about the internet speed and connection. Perform the internet speed test to check how fast your computer internet, you can call to the internet service provider to request an appraisal in the speed.
If your internet is fluctuating, try to turn off and on the router or speak with their support team for further troubleshooting.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face server not responding in QuickBooks Desktop but in case it still exists you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Call our TollFree or Leave us your message.
Last Updated on