In this post, we’ll discuss “How to reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool?” Simple reinstall work in most of the cases but in case if that doesn’t work Clean Install helps the user to make QuickBooks desktop up and running.
Possibilities to reinstall QuickBooks desktop
1. Unable to open more than one company file
2. QuickBooks display issues
3. QuickBooks desktop template issues
4. Simple QuickBooks reinstall didn’t work for you
Important: Before you try clean install tool to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop, use simple uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks for Windows feature.
Things to do before using the Clean Install tool
A. Backup your QuickBooks Data – We recommend you to make a backup for your company file(s) before uninstalling QuickBooks somewhere internally or externally(USB drive or Online) because if there would be any fall back in between the process at least your data file will be secured.
To make a back up for your data file
1. Open QuickBooks
2. Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
3. Select Online Backup or Local Backup depending on your choice
4. Click Next
5. Then follow on-screen instructions
B. Handy with your Licence and Product Number – Before you go ahead and uninstall & reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install tool ready with your license or product number because in the process for the reinstallation of QuickBooks desktop it will ask you for them.
If you’re able to open QuickBooks click on F2 or Ctrl+1 keys from the keyboard and the product information will pop out on your computer screen and write down your License and product number. In case you’re unable to find this information no need to worry we have explained into the reinstallation process, you can check below.
Quick Update: If you want our experts to fix any of your QuickBooks issues. Call us today. TollFree 1-877-353-8076
Simple steps to Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
1. Press Windows+R keys together and a Run box pop out
2. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
3. Under Programs and Features select QuickBooks and click Uninstall
4. Click Yes, If prompts you
5. Click Next and choose Remove (see an image below)
6. Click Next and then Remove
7. It may take some time to uninstall QuickBooks from your computer
8. Click Finish, Once installation wizard successfully uninstalled QuickBooks
Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks clean install tool renames your old installation folder automatically that allows QuickBooks to add new install files.
1. Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool** and Save it to your computer. (Desktop)
2. Click Yes, If Windows wants you to allow the app
3. Click on I Accept for license agreement
4. Now choose your QuickBooks version and product version (see an image below)
5. Click Continue
6. Click OK
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool**- It’s a property of Intuit and they may update this tool occasionally. You can download it from the Official QuickBooks website.
The last step is to download and install QuickBooks desktop setup and follow the onscreen instructions.
You can reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
After following all the above steps you won’t face any problems in QuickBooks desktop but in case if it still exists. Call our experts. Dial TollFree 1-877-353-8076