Quicken not responding, because of sudden program update or new application installed in the device that is not allowing to work in Quicken.
Software issues are fixable or not but they can affect your financial life. You may need to wait for some time to get things up and running and this issue may cause Quicken freeze or crash issue problem.
Are you also facing Quicken is not responding issue? Proceed with the solution steps that are given below.
Call Quicken Toll-Free 1-877-353-8076 to troubleshoot the issue by experts.
Reasons to occur “Quicken Not Responding” issue
- Improper Quicken software installation
- Issues with .net Framework
- New Microsoft Windows update
- Antivirus is blocking
- Improper Quicken Configuration
- Automatic software update
- SP outdated or not working etc.
5 Easiest steps to Fix Quicken Not Responding
STEP ONE: Install the latest release
- First, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together
- Then make a single click on Quicken and press End Task
- Go here to download the latest release manually
Note: If you’re not able to find the release according to your Quicken version. Please contact Quicken Support
- Once released downloaded click on it by opening
- Click Run
- Click Yes to allow the user permission
- Now click Update to install the latest release
- Quicken will start to download and install updates
- After getting updated click Start Quicken
Now try to open Quicken and see if you’re facing the same problem or not. If the same problem exists to proceed with STEP TWO
STEP TWO: Open Quicken without data files
- Open Quicken by pressing Ctrl+Shift keys togetherly and hold them until Quicken open
- You may see a blank gray screen
- Go to File > Restore from Backup File…
- Select Restore from your Backup and click Browse
- Go to your backup file location and select the file
- Click Open
- Click Restore Backup
Quick Notification: While restoring backup files Quicken may ask you to restore the file again. Make sure 1 and 2nd file location should be different, otherwise you may get Source and destination directories must differ screen. (See in the below image)
- Now you’re successfully login to Quicken
Hopefully, after following above two steps your “Quicken not responding” problem will be fixed but in case it does exist afterward then follow STEP THREE.
STEP THREE: Install .net Framework
- At the point of installing Quicken .net framework installed automatically
- You can install it manually to fulfill the requirement of Quicken necessary files
- Click here to download .net framework
- Run the .net framework .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions
STEP FOUR: Check Quicken compatibility
- Right-click on Quicken icon and go to Properties
- Select Compatibility
- Make check to Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Choose the very last option from the list
- Click Apply and uncheck Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Again click Apply and OK
STEP FIVE: Compatibility association with Quicken icon
Windows 7 and previous
- Click on Start icon and go to Computer
- Select Local Disk (C:)
- Go to Program File folder
- Look for Quicken folder and open it
- In the Quicken folder search for QW.exe and double click on it
- Press Windows+R keys together
- Under the Run box type C:
- Double click on Program File (x86)
- Open Quicken folder
- Double click on qw or qw.exe
You can also uninstall or reinstall Quicken just to make sure that “Quicken not responding” error will not occur again.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face Quicken is not responding error code with your software but in case if the issue still exists into Quicken please give us a call 1-877-353-8076 or drop your query below in the comment section.