In this post, we’ll discuss “Quicken Error OL-254-B.” There are many reasons for this error code like Data damage etc.
You may also face Quicken Error OL-301-A
Causes of Quicken Error OL-254-B
1. Quicken data file damaged
2. Manually cancelle the one step update
3. Inappropriate Quicken software installation
Things to do before you start to troubleshoot Quicken error code OL-254-B
A. Ensure that Quicken is running with the latest release
2. Go to Help > Check for Updates
3. If Quicken is up to date that’s great or if not you’ll get a notification to install the latest release on the next screen
4. Click Yes to install it
It may take some time or move out for installing the latest update, but you don’t need to worry about your work it will be saved.
Note: You can download Quicken updates and release manually from here.
B. Create a data file backup
1. Open Quicken
2. Go to Files > Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File… (Ctrl+B)
3. Browse a location to make a backup in secure place and then click on Back up Now
Simple Steps to Fix Quicken Error OL-254-B
STEP ONE: Quicken data file is damaged
This error comes up when there is a data damaged into your Quicken file. Data file damage occurs when there is improper shut down of computer, third-party software confliction. Some of the indication of data damage:
1. Dates and Categories missing or wrongly associated in reports. When all report settings are correct.
2. Unable to assign categories
3. Data file backup that can’t be restored
The simplest way to fix this issue is to restore the backup prior to this problem occur. If that doesn’t work please follow the below.
2. Go to File > File Operations > Copy…
3. No need to make any changes simply click on OK
4. On the next screen, choose New copy and then click on OK(See an image below)
5. Now your copy file is open
6. Go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair…
7. Now make a check on Validate file
8. If you were facing a problem with investment accounts also make a check on Rebuild investing tools
9. Now click on OK
10. In this step, Quicken will validate your data file. This process may be a time-consuming process it depends on the size of the file.
11. Once validation is completed you will see a DATA_LOG. Under the data_log, you may see the information that you need to follow to make any correction.
Quick Note: We recommend you not to Validate and Repair your original file because in some cases damaged information can be removed in between the repair process.
STEP TWO: Manually canceled the One Step Update
Quicken stop one step update automatically once it’s completed or comes up with errors. If you canceled one step update manually try it again after giving some time.
After some time if you face the same error code it could be a possibility of inappropriate Quicken installation.
STEP THREE: Inappropriate Quicken installation
1. Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken from Windows Control Panel
2. In the process to reinstall Quicken change the destination folder location. Otherwise, Quicken Error OL-254-B will occur again.
3. Complete the installation and launch Quicken
4. Now do a one-step update now.