Quicken Error CC-506 occur when downloading transactions directly from the bank to Quicken because of the changes in financial institution website, the account doesn’t exist with bank or old account is activated that doesn’t available with the bank
Are you also facing Quicken Error code CC-506 while updating your bank accounts? No worries!
Before we discuss the solution steps let’s have a look for error causes
List of causing Quicken Error CC-506
- Quicken isn’t up to date
- Quicken file having an issues
- Need to refresh online account information
- Confirm bank credentials etc.
Quick Notification: You may also face under the following error codes when using online services.
3 simplest ways to fix Quicken Error CC-506
STEP ONE: Make sure Quicken is up to date
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- If Quicken is up to date that’s great or if not you’ll get a notification to install the latest release on the next screen
- Click Yes to install it
- It may take some time or get an exit for installing the latest update, but you don’t need to worry about your work it will be saved.
See the below image to install Quicken latest update.
STEP TWO: Refresh online account information
- Go the account from the account bar
- Click on gear icon with a drop-down arrow and click Update Now (Ctrl+Alt+U)
- On the next screen, it’ll ask you for bank password and click Update Now
- If an account does update do the same for other ones that experience the same problem.
If the above steps don’t work for you come and follow the below steps.
Quick Notification: You may also experience below error codes when updating the account.
- Quicken Error CC-800, Quicken Error CC-890 or CC-891, Quicken Error CC-892
- Quicken Error OL-393-A, Quicken Error OL-301-A, Quicken Error OL-1-B,
STEP THREE: Deactivate/Reactivate the account that experiences this problem
- Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click on Edit for the account that has this error code
- Select Online Services
- Click on Deactivate and then click Yes
- Click OK and Done
Now we’ll take some extra steps just to make sure Quicken files are safe.
- Go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair…
- Check on Validate File
- Click OK
- Click Yes, If Quicken asking you to save the transactions
- Now Quicken begins the validation process. ( It may take some time depending on your Quicken file size)
- Once Validation has completed, you’ll get a DATA_LOG notepad that states to you about your Quicken file condition.
- If you get some errors in DATA_LOG, please contact Quicken Technical Support or
- If no error has been found in DATA_LOG, try to reactivate the account
Reactivate the account
- Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click on Edit for the same account that experience Quicken error CC-506
- Select Online Services and click Set up Now…
- On the next screen, you’ll ask for your financial institution logins (username and password)
- Click Save this password (Optional) afterward, it may ask you for Quicken vault password or Quicken ID and Password
Information: After the separation of Quicken from Intuit Inc. it’s necessary to create Quicken ID
- Click Connect
- In the process to reactivate your account quicken will pull up your bank information, make sure to LINK it instead of adding it again. (See an image below)
- Click Next and then Finish
You can also try to uninstall or reinstall Quicken as well.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face Quicken Error CC-506 but in case of an issue still, exist into the software contact Quicken Support to speak with an expert or leave your query into the comment section below we’ll respond asap.
This Post Has One Comment
Peter Evans from the Support team was able to fix this issue for me – he was patient and persistent and saw it though to a happy ending.
Very good support!