Quicken CP SCRIPT ERROR 160 occurs when you update your accounts in Quicken for Mac using Quicken Connect connection method. It’s a connectivity error between your financial institution and Quicken software.
This error will exactly look like this in Quicken CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:160
Quicken Connect is also known as Express Web Connect (In Windows). You can fix this issue by simply switching the connection type. If you’re using Quicken Connect as a connection type, you should try switching to Direct Connect.
As a default Quicken for Mac choose Quicken Connect as a connection type but if your bank also does support Direct Connect, it’s good to connect with it.
Note: If you want our experts to fix this issue for you, please contact us today by dialing 1-877-353-8076
Simple Steps to fix Quicken CP SCRIPT ERROR 160
STEP ONE: Deactivate the Account
1. Open Quicken
2. Click on the Account name
3. Click on the Settings at the bottom right side corner
4. On the next screen click on Troubleshooting
5. Click on Deactivate Downloads
6. Now click on Save
Important: If your bank does support both connection method Quicken Connect and Direct Connect please choose Direct Connect in the process to reactivate the account or if they only support Quicken Connect as a connection type please reactivate the account using the same connection method.
STEP TWO: Reactivate the Account
1. Click on the Deactivated account
2. Click on the Settings at the bottom right side corner
3. Click on the Setup Transaction Download
4. Now type the name of your financial institution
5. In this step, you may ask for choosing a connection type (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect) as suggested if Direct Connect is available please connect your account using it.
6. Then enter your bank Username and Password
7. In the process to reactivate the account Quicken will show you your account information make sure to LINK your account instead of adding it again (See an image below)
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face Quicken CP Script Error 160 anymore but in case if it still exists. You can speak with our experts (Independent). TollFree 1-877-353-8076
You may also read
Switch from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect in Quicken for Windows.
Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken for Mac or Windows.