While installing QuickBooks it may get stuck on the Installing ABS PDF driver screen which makes the installation process a little complicated for the users.
When QuickBooks Stuck on the “Installing abs pdf driver… “screen it gets freeze and may not respond at the same time.
This problem usually occurs when there is a slow internet connection or due to an internal system problem. Also, it’s very important to install an ABS PDF driver because it helps print the transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.
In this post, we’ve discussed the causes and solution steps to fix this issue.
Causes for this problem
- Slow internet connection
- An internal system issue
Quick Note: The process to fix this error may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.
3 Simple Steps to Fix When Quickbooks Stuck on “Installing ABS PDF driver” Screen
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on the desktop)
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my Program
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub (downloaded in step 1)
- Go to the Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program
- It may take some time to run
- Once completed, proceed further with Step 3
Step 3: Run ABS PDF Driver Setup
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run command
- Type %temp% and click OK. This shortcut will open the Temp folder
- Now look for PrX_usXXrX or Enterprise_usXXrX folder and open it
Note: X represents the version, year and release of your QuickBooks Desktop. For Example: QuickBooks Pro 2020 R4 will show as Pro_us31r4.
- Click on ThirdParty folder
- Doble click on ABSPDF412Setup to run the installion and once it’s completed.
- You can open the QuickBooks Desktop and register your product
If the same problem still occurs, it suggested contacting your IT person to diagnose your computer issue.
After following all the above steps your QuickBooks won’t Stuck on Installing the ABS PDF driver… screen but in case if the same problem still exists, please leave your inquiry to us or dial TollFree.