QuickBooks POS Multi-User Setup is an easy way to allow multiple workstations to track your store’s daily transactions.
With the help of QuickBooks Point of Sale multi-users you can assign specific tasks and permissions to the user.
This post will discuss setting up QuickBooks Point of Sale Multi Users with simple steps.
Note: If you want one of our experts to help you set up multi-user access, you can get in touch with us.
QuickBooks POS Multi-User Setup in 4 Simple Steps
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Point of Sale
Download QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Go to the QuickBooks Downloads website
- Then click on Standard Setup
- Now select your Country
- Then choose your Product as QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Select the Edition as Basic, Pro, or Multi-Store.
- Then Select Version such as 18, 19, etc.
- Now click on Search
- Click Download
Note: Download the Old QuickBooks Point of Sale versions
Install QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Now open the Installation file
- Then click on Next
- Accept the License Agreement and click Next
- Enter your QuickBooks Point of Sale License and Product Number
- Click Next
- Choose the type of Installation
1. Only this computer: Choose this option for a single-user mode
2. Two or more computers: Choose this option for a multi-users
- If you choose Two or more computers then select the type of installation on your computer
1. Server Workstation: This computer holds your company data.
2. Client Workstation: This computer is used to record daily sales, track inventory, etc.
- Select Next
- Click Install and Finish
- Now your program is ready to use in multi-users.
Step 2: Switch the server to the Multi-User Mode
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Go to the File > Switch Company File to the Multi-user Mode
Step 3: Set up Folder Permissions on Server Computer
- On Server Computer, Go to the company file location, Default company file location is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0\Data
- Make right-click on the Company File folder and select Properties
- Go to the Sharing Tab
- Select Advanced Sharing
- Make a check on Share this folder
- Select Permissions and then click Add…
- Enter “QBPOSdbsvuser” then select OK
- Select QBPOSdbsvuser, then click Full Control. Ensure the permission of Everyone user is set on Full Control too.
- Click Apply and OK
Note: You may also face QBPOSShell Has Stopped Working
Step 4: Firewall Configuration for QuickBooks POS
You can do the Firewall Configuration For QuickBooks Point of Sale manually.
After following the above steps, QuickBooks POS Multi-User Setup is good to go for your business/store. In case, you need any help, you can speak with our experts for a quick consultation.
- Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
- Download Old QuickBooks POS Versions
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- QuickBooks POS Won’t Open