QuickBooks POS Error 176109 encountered when you try to open or register QuickBooks Point of Sale because of invalid product number or code. Below are the easy steps to fix this error code.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Error 176109: QuickBooks Point of Sale Invalid Product Number
1. The QuickBooks Point of Sale entitlement folder contains damaged files
2. Incorrect product code or number is used to install QuickBooks POS
3. You’re not logged in as an admin user in your computer.
IMPORTANT: Program Data is a hidden folder. If you’re unable to find it follow show hidden files and folders in Windows
3 simple steps to fix QuickBooks POS Error 176109: Invalid Product Number
Step 1: Delete files from the entitlement client folder
1. Open windows explorer (CTRL+E) and go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
2. Press CTRL+A from your keyboard in order to select all the files and then click on Delete
3. Click on Yes to confirm
4. Now open QuickBooks Point of Sale to re-register.
Step 2: Rename the WSActivity file
1. Open windows explorer (CTRL+E) and go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
2. Make a right-click on WSActivity and choose Rename
3. Type OLDWSActivity and click anywhere to save
4. Close the window and then follow STEP 1 again
5. Now relaunch QuickBooks Point of Sale
If the above two steps don’t work for you. Perform complete reinstallation of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Step 3: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks POS
Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
1. Press Windows + R keys together from your keyboard to open a Run box
2. Type Control or Control Panel into the Run window
3. Select Programs and Features or select Uninstall Program (If the control panel is in category view)
4. Choose QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale from the program list and then click on Uninstall
5. Click Yes to confirm
Rename all point of sale folders
As a recommendation, type “OLD” at the end of the folder. This will prevent QuickBooks Point of sale from recognizing a folder in order to create a new folder. If you need any assistance in order to follow this process contact QuickBooks POS Support.
Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
1. First, you need to download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale in your computer
2. Now follow on-screen instructions in order to reinstall QuickBooks POS
3. Once QuickBooks is installed you’re about to complete this process
Restore or Create a new company file
1. Open QuickBooks Point of Sale create a new company file and restore the backup that you created
2. Once your file is restored, close and reopen your QuickBooks point of sale in order to verify there are no errors anymore.
3. Now register QuickBooks Point of Sale again.
Above steps will work for you in case if the same problem exists please contact us and speak with one of our experts.