QuickBooks Error TD500 is an online payment error, it usually occurs when processing a credit card payment. Error Code TD500 generally occurs when you’ve two QB desktop versions installed on your computer.
It usually shows as:
There was a problem with your update.
It looks like your update was not completed.
Error code reference for support TD500
In this post, we’ve discuss the causes and solution steps to fix this issue.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code TD500
- Two QuickBooks Desktop versions are installed
- QuickBooks is not up to date
Note: The process to fix this issue may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial our Toll-free or Leave us your message
3 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error TD500
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Click Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
- Click Close
Step 2: Download and Install QuickBooks Repair File
- After installing the latest updates for your QuickBooks. You need to download QuickBooks Repair File
- When the tool is downloading in the meanwhile, create a new folder on the desktop as QBTest
- Once the tool is downloaded you need to unzip the folder. In order to do it, click on the zip file and then click on Extract To(will be at the top)
- Choose a location to Desktop > QBTEST(as you’ve created a new folder there if you’ve created a folder to a different location you need to choose that)
- Then click OK
- Go back to the new folder and open it
- Make a right-click on quickbooks_fix_tdtool and choose Run as administrator
- Now follow on-screen instructions.
Step 3: If you’re using two QuickBooks Version
Choose this step if you’re using two QuickBooks Version. You can uninstall the old version such as QuickBooks 2016 that is no longer in need. In order to uninstall the old version follow the below steps.
Before you uninstall the version, ensure that you have the current product(one that causing this issue) information handy such as License Number, Product Number, etc.
It’s also recommended to create a backup for the company file, in case if there would be any fallback in between the process, your data will be safe.
To uninstall the old version that is no longer in need:
- Press Windows+R on keyboard key together to open the Run Command
- Once the Run window will open, type Control Panel and click OK
- Choose Programs > Program and Features
- Now look for the old QuickBooks version such as QuickBooks 2016 and make a double click on it.
- If asks, click on Yes to allow the user permission
- Then click Next
- Now choose Remove and click Next
- Now follow Step 2
- You can easily process your customer’s payment now
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code TD500 but in case if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Leave us your message