QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 occurs when QWCLOG.TXT is used by Web Connector got damaged or it cannot be accessible now. Web connector developed by Intuit inc. that allows you to exchange the data with the third-party application in QuickBooks Desktop.
You may see an error as given :
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
In this post, we’ve discussed the causes and solution steps to fix this issue.
Things to do before troubleshooting QBWC1085
A. Update QuickBooks Desktop
To update QuickBooks Desktop, hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys together and make a double click on the QuickBooks desktop icon. Don’t release the keys until the “No Company Open” window is open.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Select the Update Now tab from the top and click Get Updates
- Once Update is complete, click on Close
B. Create Company file Backup
If you can open the company file, it’s suggested to create a backup prior to the troubleshooting steps.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
Causes for Error QBWC1085
- QWCLOG.TXT is damaged
- Web Connector is unable to run the log file
Note: The process to fix this error code may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message and we’ll contact you.
3 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Step 1: Close QuickBooks Web Connector
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to open the Task Manager
- Under the Processes tab, select the Web connector
- Click End Task
Step 2: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT File
- Press Windows+E to open the File Explorer
- Click on the View tab at the top
- Then make a check on Hidden items
- Now navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\Log
- You need to make a right click on the QWCLog and choose Rename
- Then change it to QWCLog.OLD
- If asks, click Yes to allow the change
- Now reboot the computer
Step 3: Remove Web Connector from the Startup Menu
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
- Now make a right click on the QuickBooks Web connector
- Click Delete
- Restart your computer and then open QuickBooks Desktop
After following all the above steps, you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code QBWC1085 but in case if the same problem still exists, you can speak with one of our experts.