QuickBooks Error PS033 usually occurs when you’re downloading the latest payroll update or while opening the company file. Payroll update Error PS033 also encounter because of the damaged file in CPS folder
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and the solution steps to fix it.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15241
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code PS033
- Damaged files in CPS folders
- A payroll service key is incorrect
- Payroll subscription is not activated
Things to do before troubleshooting this error code
A. Create a Company File Backup
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a company file backup
B. Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Close QuickBooks & press and hold Ctrl key from the keyboard. Don’t release the keys until QuickBooks is open on your computer.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now tab to the top
- Click Get Updates
- Once QuickBooks update successfully click on Close
Note: Process to fix this error code may complex you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message.
4 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error PS033
Step 1: Download the Latest Payroll Tax Table
If you’ve QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription, download the latest QuickBooks Payroll Tax table so you can process payroll without any hurdles.
To download the latest payroll update:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Employee > Get Payroll Updates
- Make a check on the Download Entire Update
- Then select Download Latest Update
- A Window will appear once it’s updated successfully.
Step 2: Rename QuickBooks CPS Folder
There is a chance that there are some damaged files in the CPS folder and that can be fixed by renaming it. To rename it:
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll
XX is a QuickBooks version such as QuickBooks 2018,2019,2020.
- Now make a right-click on CPS folder and select Rename
- Type CPS.OLD to rename the folder
- Now try to update your QuickBooks Payroll tax table
If the same problem still exists after following the above 2 steps, please proceed further with the below ones too.
Step 3: Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
- Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard together to open Run box
- Type Control Panel in Run command and click OK
- Now click User Accounts > User Accounts
- Then click Change User Account Control Settings
- Now move the slider to Never Notify and click OK (See an image below)
- Now try to update QuickBooks Payroll
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15102
Step 4: Verify and Rebuild QuickBooks Desktop
Verify QuickBooks Data
- Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
- Then click OK to close all the open QuickBooks windows
- Now it may take some time to verify data
- Once completed click on OK
Rebuild QuickBooks Data
- Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Now QuickBooks prompts you to create a backup before rebuilding your company file, click OK and create a backup
- Once the backup has been made, it’ll start rebuilding the data file automatically. The process may take some time depending on the size of a company file.
- Once Rebuild has completed click on OK to see the results
- Now try to update QuickBooks Payroll tax table again
Important: If you found any error in between the process to Verify and Rebuild data, please speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 but in case if the same problem still exists, please speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your concern