QuickBooks Error H303 occurs when you’re switching QuickBooks company file into the multi-user mode. Error Code H303 typically occurs when something is blocking the multi-user connection.
In this post, we’ll discuss the cause and solution steps to fix it.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error H202
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code H303
- QuickBooks services aren’t running on your server such as QBCFMonitor
- Current firewall settings blocking access for QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Database Server is damaged
- Improper company file hosting configuration
- Incorrect DNS Settings
Quick Note: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial our TollFree or leave us your message.
5 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error H303
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on your desktop)
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
As we downloaded QuickBooks Tool Hub in the above step, it’s time to run QuickBooks Database Server Manager with the help of it.
- Make a double click on QuickBooks Tool Hub desktop icon to open
- Then select Network Issues tab, now click QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager shows the correct company file location click on Start Scan but if not click on Browse to select the company file folder and then click Start Scan (See an image below)
- Now QuickBooks Database Server Manager will repair your firewall and provide all the efficient permission to access in all workstations
- Once the repair is successful click on Close
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop on the computer where you encounter Error Code H303. Then go to File > Switch to Multi-User Mode.
If the above steps don’t work, please proceed further with the below ones too.
Step 3: Stop Multi-User Access on the Workstations
Note: Sever computer is the computer where you stored the company files.
If you face H303 error code with one or more workstations that means apart from the server you set to host multi-user mode on the workstations too.
Your server should be the only computer where multi-user mode should be enabled.
To tun off the host multi-user access on the workstation:
- Open QuickBooks where you’re facing QB H303 error code
- Go to File > Utilities
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access… is an option select it that may be causing this problem to you. You need to repeat the same steps with the other workstations.
- If Host Multi-User Access… is an option don’t select it and no need to do anything. Move to the other workstation.
Once you confirmed with all the workstations. Move to your server computer and this is the only computer where the company file should host.
To host the company file with the server computer:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on the server
- Go to File > Utilities
- If Host Multi-User Access… is an option select it and follow on-screen instructions.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access… is an option. no need to do anything.
If the same problem still exists, you can contact our expert in order to fix this problem.
Step 4: Changes in Firewall Settings
- Press Windows+R to open the Run command
- Type Control and click OK
- Go to System and Security and then select Windows Defender Firewall
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall(on the left panel)
- Allow QuickBooks from the list and click OK.
If QuickBooks is already checked under the list move forward to the below step.
Step 5: Change QuickBooks File Location
You need to perform the below steps on the server computer where the company file is hosted.
- Create a new folder
- Copy the company file(.QBW) and Paste it to the newly created folder
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company…
- Select Open a Company File and click Next
- Browse to the location where the company file is saved(new location)
- Click Open
After following all the above 5 steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code H303 but in case if the same problem still exists, you can contact our experts for a quick resolution.
- QuickBooks Error H505
- You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder
- QuickBooks Error H101