QuickBooks Error 80029c4a occurs when opening the company file. Error Code 80029c4a when antivirus is blocking QuickBooks files to install.
You may encounter this error as:
Problem: There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solutions steps to fix it.
Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 6177, 0
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- QuickBooks Software isn’t up to date
- Antivirus blocking QuickBooks software installation files
One thing to do before troubleshooting this error code
It’s a recommendation from us is to create the company file backup because if there would be any fall back in between the troubleshooting process, you’ll no loose any of your data.
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a company file backup
3 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Step 1: Reset QuickBooks Updates and attempt to Install them again
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Check on Reset Update and click Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
Step 2: Ensure Antivirus Settings
If the same problem still exists, after updating QuickBooks Desktop. Ensure that QuickBooks files(not the company file) are not blocked by your antivirus.
You can contact the Antivirus support team to unblock the following files, if they’re getting blocked.
If the same problem still exists, you can follow the below step too to fix this problem.
Step 3: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
Before you uninstall QuickBooks ensure to be handy with the license and product number. You can log in to the Intuit Account to get the product information.
If the above steps won’t work, you may also need to Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in order to fix this problem permanently.
To Uninstall QuickBooks:
- Press Windows+R keys together and a Run command
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
- Under Programs and Features select QuickBooks and click Uninstall
- Click Yes, If prompts you
- Click Next and choose Remove
- It may take some time to uninstall QuickBooks from your computer
- Click Finish, Once the installation wizard successfully uninstalled QuickBooks
Now in order to reinstall QuickBooks, please click here.
After following all the above steps, you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a, if the same problem still exists, you can contact to our experts.