QuickBooks Error 6189 816 occurs when you’re trying to open your company files. Error Code -6189, -816 arises when there is an issue with the multi-user network not with the company file.
In this post we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix this error code
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
- Problem with your multi-user network
- QuickBooks isn’t updated
Quick Note: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can speak with our experts for the quick resolution. Call our TollFree or leave us your message.
5 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on your desktop)
Step 2: Download and Run Quick Fix My Program
- Once QuickBooks Tool Hub is installed
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on your desktop)
- Go to Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program
- It may take some time and then open the company file
Step 3: Restart your Workstation/Server where the file is located
Sometimes, you need to reboot your workstation or server in order to remove this error code from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Start key
- Select the power key icon and select Restart
- Now restart your QuickBooks Desktop
You may also face
After following the above two steps you’ll be good to go with your QuickBooks Desktop but in case if the same problem exists, please proceed further with the below steps.
Step 4: Download and Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
- Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your computer
- Click on search to the bottom left and type QuickBooks Server Manager and open QuickBooks Server Manager (see an image below)
- Update QuickBooks Server Manager to the latest release
- Then restart your server and workstations
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop
Step 5: Move your Company files into local disk
Make sure your QuickBooks company file is not stored on online platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox or One Drive, etc. Your company file should be stored on your Server hard drive.
If your company file is located on an external drive (USB Drive) or network. Move it to the computer local drive too.
- Open the File Explorer (Windows key +R) and go to Local Disk (C:)
- Make a right-click on a blank space and select New > Folder
- Now navigate to your company file location (Google Drive or USB Drive)
- Press and hold Ctrl key from the keyboard and select your company file(.QBW)
- Now make a right-click, select Copy and release the Ctrl key
- Now go back to your new folder and make a right-click and select Paste
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code -6189, 816 but in case if the same problem still exists please speak with our experts. Dial our TollFree or leave us your message.
- QuickBooks Error 15106
- QuickBooks Error 15222
- Unable to Open QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open or Start