QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 occurs when you try to open the company file. This error may also be encountered when you try to open a file directly from the network or restoring the backup. We’ll walk you through with the simple steps to fix this error code.
Causes for QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
1. QuickBooks company file is damaged
2. Problem with host server where your file is located
3. Anti-Virus is blocking your QuickBooks desktop file
4. Your Windows is damaged
5. Firewall settings hinder to open QuickBooks company file
IMPORTANT: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can contact our experts for helping you out. TollFree 1-877-353-8076
4 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
STEP ONE: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
1. Download, Install and run QuickBooks File Doctor
2. Browse your QuickBooks company file
3. Choose to Check your file and network
4. Click Continue
5. Enter your Admin Password and click Continue
6. It may take some time to troubleshoot your company file
7. Then it may ask you where your company file is stored choose the option according to your file location (Server or Workstation) and then click Next
8. When repair is completed select QuickBooks company file from the given list
9. Now click Open QuickBooks
10. If your file is still unable to open. Reboot your computer and then try to open QuickBooks desktop.
11. If you successfully open the company file make sure to make a backup first or if the same problem still exists please follow the below steps or contact one of our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076
STEP TWO: Run QB Refresher Tool
4. It may take some time to refresh the backend processes that may be causing this issue to you.
5. Click OK and then restart QuickBooks Desktop
After following above two steps if the same problem still exists please continue with the below steps.
STEP THREE: Disable antivirus software temporary
There could be a possibility that your antivirus software may be causing QuickBooks Error Code -6123,0. Disable the antivirus software temporary might help you to open the company file.
STEP FOUR: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
1. Close QuickBooks Desktop
2. Press Windows+R keys together and it prompts you for a Run box
3. Type into the Run box Control Panel
4. Select Programs and then Programs and Features
5. Select QuickBooks from the given list and click Uninstall
After successful uninstall of QuickBooks it’s time to reinstall it back. You can reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool or you can read about complete uninstall and reinstall of QuickBooks for Windows.
After following all the above you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error 6123,0 but in case it does exist please contact us or dial Tollfree 1-877-353-8076