QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 occurs when you try to open the company file. Error Code -6123, 0 may also be encountered when you try to open a file directly from the network or restoring the backup. We’ll walk you through with the simple steps to fix this error code.
Causes for QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
- QuickBooks company file is damaged
- Problem with host server where your file is located
- Anti-Virus is blocking your QuickBooks desktop file
- Your Windows is damaged
- Firewall settings hinder to open QuickBooks company file
IMPORTANT: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can contact our experts for helping you out. Dial Our TollFree
5 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
Step 1: Remove special character from the File
- Ensure that the company file name must be less than 30 characters
- The company file doesn’t include any special character or space
Step 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your downloads by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on the desktop)
- Under Company File Issues tab click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Browse your QuickBooks company file
- Choose to Check your file and network
- Click Continue
- Enter your Admin Password and click Continue
- It may take some time to troubleshoot your company file
- Then it may ask you where your company file is stored choose the option according to your file location (Server or Workstation) and then click Next
- When repair is completed select QuickBooks company file from the given list
- Now click Open QuickBooks
- If your file is still unable to open. Reboot your computer and then try to open QuickBooks desktop.
- If you successfully open the company file make sure to make a backup first or if the same problem still exists please follow the below steps or contact one of our experts.
Step 3: Run Quick Fix my Program
- Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Once the program is completely installed
- Go to Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program
- It may take some time to run
- Once completed, reopen QuickBooks Desktop
After following the above two steps if the same problem still exists please continue with the below steps.
Step 4: Disable antivirus software temporary
There could be a possibility that your antivirus software may be causing QuickBooks Error Code -6123,0. Disable the antivirus software temporary might help you to open the company file.
Step 5: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows+R keys together and it prompts you for a Run box
- Type into the Run box Control Panel
- Select Programs and then Programs and Features
- Select QuickBooks from the given list and click Uninstall
After successful uninstall of QuickBooks it’s time to reinstall it back. You can reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool or you can read about complete uninstall and reinstall of QuickBooks for Windows.
After following all the above you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code 6123,0 but in case it does exist please contact us or dial our TollFree