QuickBooks Error 6000 77 occurs when you’re opening QuickBooks company files. This problem may arise with several causes that we’ll be going to discuss in this post and get them to fix.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
1. Your QuickBooks company file is located in an external drive
2. QuickBooks isn’t running with Admin
3. Corrupted or Damaged .ND and .TLG files
Quick Note: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. TollFree 1-877-353-8076
4 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
STEP 1: Download and Run QuickBooks file doctor
1. Download QuickBooks File Doctor**
2. Now open the downloaded file. It’s called QBFD.exe
3. Then click Install
4. Now click Next to allow InstallShield Wizard
5. Now follow on-screen instructions. The tool will run automatically to fix QuickBooks glitches.
**QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool developed by Intuit Inc. they may update this tool occasionally. You can download it directly from its respective website.
STEP 2: Rename .ND and .TLG files
.ND and .TLG file helps you to run QuickBooks company files on network and multi-user mode. If these files are damaged or corrupted that can cause you QuickBooks Error 6000 77 and renaming these files can help you to resolve it.
1. Open your QuickBooks company file location C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File [Default Location]
2. Now look for the files that have .ND and .TLG extensions.
3. Make a right-click on them and select Rename, Now type “.OLD” at the end of the file
For Example, CompanyName.qbw.ND now changes it to CompanyName.qbw.ND.OLD
CompanyName.qbw.TLG now changes it to CompanyName.qbw.TLG.OLD
4. Click Yes to confirm.
If the same problem exists after following the above 2 steps please proceed further with the below ones.
STEP 3: Configure firewall and Antivirus software
1. Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard and type “Control” in the Run box to open the Control panel and click OK
2. Now navigate to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall
3. Click on Advanced Settings on the left pane
4. Now click on Inbound Rules and select New Rule… under the Actions pane
5. Select Port and click Next
6. Make sure TCP is selected and enter the specified port.
7. Port can be found in the QuickBooks Database Server Management tool or click here to read more about it.
STEP 4: Recreate Damaged folders
1. Create a new folder in your computer C: drive
2. Now go to This PC or My Computer and type *.QBW in the top right search box
3. Now you can see the list of your QuickBooks file make a right-click on the one that you want to open and select Open file location
4. Once you got your company file, make a right-click on it and select Copy (Ctrl+C)
5. Now navigate back to the new folder and make a right-click and select Paste (Ctrl+V)
6. Now open QuickBooks desktop and restore the company file from the new location
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error 6000 77 but in case it still exists please speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076.