QuickBooks Error 1920 occur when installing or updating the software. Error Code 1920 generally arises when the QuickBooks Database Manager(QBCFMonitorService) failed to start.
It usually happens when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to connect with the company file.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix this error code.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks won’t start or open
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1920
- QuickBooks software installation is damaged
- You don’t have Windows Admin right
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to respond
Note: Process to fix this problem may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Call our TollFree or Leave us your message.
7 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 1920
Step 1: Update Windows
- Press Windows+X keys to open the Run command
- Click Settings
- Choose Update & Security
- Click Check for Updates
- Once the updates downloaded, restart the computer
Now open QuickBooks again and if the QuickBooks is working fine that’s good but in case the issue still exists, you can proceed further with the below steps too.
Step 2: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your browser downloads(Ctrl+J)
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on the desktop)
Step 3: Download and Run Quick Fix My Program
- Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub is completely installed
- Go to Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program
- It may take some time to run
- Once completed, reopen QuickBooks Desktop
Step 4: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
Important: Before you uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, it’s recommended to make license number and product number handy with yourself. You can find this information by pressing F2 or Ctrl+1 key.
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run command
- Type Control and click OK
- Choose Programs > Programs and Features
- Under the program list, make a double click on QuickBooks Desktop
- If asks, click Yes
- Click Next
- Choose Remove and click Next
- Click Remove and follow onscreen instructions
Step 5: Show Hidden Files and Folders
You need to display the hidden files and folders on the computer. To do that:
|1. Click on Start and then select Control Panel|
2. Click Appearances and Personalization
3. Under folder options click Show hidden files and folders
|1. Make a right-click on a Start button and select Control Panel|
2. Click on Appearances and Personalization > Fonts > Folder Options
3. Under the folder options window select View tab, select Hidden files and folders and choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
4. Click Apply and then OK
|1. Press Windows+E keys together to open File Explorer|
2. To the top menu, select the View tab > Hidden items
Step 6: Rename the QuickBooks Installation Folder
After display the hidden files and folders. You need to the rename the QuickBooks Installation folders. To do that:
|1. C:\Program Data\Intuit|
2. C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
4. C:\Program Files\Intuit
5. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- Navigate to each path that shows you above
- Make a right-click on the folder and type.OLD at the end of the folder
Step 7: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to QuickBooks Download and Update page
- Then select your Country, Product, and Version
- Click Search
- Then click Download
- Once the download is completed. Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the product.
If you’re facing this problem on the server computer
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error 1920 if it still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial our TollFree or Leave us your message.