QuickBooks Error 1618 occurs when updating or installing the software. Error Code 1618 generally arise when there is a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library.
You may see this error code as shown below:
Error 1618: There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library.
Error 1618: “ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING” error message when you run the Setup program to install QuickBooks programs.
In this post, we’ll discuss about the causes and solution steps to fix it.
Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 1603
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 1618
- Improper QuickBooks software installation
- Problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library
Quick Note: The process to fix this issue may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial our TollFree or Leave us your message
5 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 1618
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on your desktop)
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to the Installation Issues tab and click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- It may take some time to configure…
- Once it’s configured, click on Yes to accept the license agreement
- Click Proceed to start repairs on your QuickBooks desktop components.
- Once completed, restart your computer.
If the above two steps don’t work, please proceed further with the below ones too.
Step 3: Update your Windows
- Make a right-click on the Start button and select Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows Update section
- Click on Check for Updates
- If updates are available to download it’ll start installing it automatically
- Restart your computer now
Step 4: Manually fix Windows Component
If any of the above three steps didn’t work for you we recommend you fix your Windows component manually. If possible, try to contact any IT expert or speak with Microsoft support about this.
Reinstall Microsoft Runtime Libraries via the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package from Official Microsoft Website (64bit and 32bit)
- Once the file has been downloaded, make a double click on the file named ‘vc_redist.x86.exe‘ or ‘vc_redist.x64.exe‘
- Now follow on-screen instructions
Step 5: Run Quick Fix my Program
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub (downloaded in step 1)
- Go to the Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program
- It may take some time to run
- Once completed, reopen QuickBooks Desktop
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code 1618 but in case if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our independent expert.