QuickBooks Error 1603 occurs when you’re opening or installing QuickBooks desktop on your computer. Error code 1603 occurs when QuickBooks needs some component to run but they’re unavailable because of Windows or QuickBooks backend damaged or corrupted files issue.
In this post, we’ve discussed the causes and solution steps to fix this error
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 1402
Causes for QuickBooks error code 1603
1. Problem with Microsoft .NET Framework
2. Microsoft MSXML and C++ files are damaged
3. Windows issue
4. Improper QuickBooks installation
Quick Note: The process to fix this error code may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.
4 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 1603
STEP 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Make sure to close QuickBooks desktop
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and go to your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
Step 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on your desktop)
- Go to the Installation Issues tab and click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- It may take some time to configure…
- Once it’s configured, click on Yes to accept the license agreement
- Click Proceed to start repairs on your QuickBooks desktop components.
- Once completed, restart your computer.
Step 3: Update Windows
1. Make a right-click on the Start button and select Settings
2. Click on Update & Security
3. Select Windows Update section
4. Click on Check for Updates
5. If updates are available to download it’ll start installing it automatically
6. Restart your computer now
If you were facing QuickBooks Error 1603 while installing QuickBooks desktop please proceed further to reinstall QuickBooks or if you were unable to open your company file before, proceed further to reopen it.
Step 4: Manually fix Windows component
If any of the above two steps didn’t work for you we recommend you fix your Windows component manually. If possible, try to contact any IT expert or speak with Microsoft support for this.
Repair Microsoft .Net framework
1. Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard
2. Type Control into the Run Window
3. Go to Programs > Program and Features
4. Click on Turn Windows features on or off
5. If, .NET Framework 3.5 and later are check make them unchecked and click OK, now restart your computer
6. After restarting your computer make sure to check .Net Framework 3.5 and later again and follow on-screen instructions.
Repair Microsoft MSXML
1. Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard
2. A Run box pop out from the screen, type appwiz.cpl into it and click OK
3. Select MSXML 6.0 from the list and click on uninstall(at the top of the list)
4. Now download the msxml.msi file from the Microsoft Website
5. Once it’s downloaded make a double click on it and follow the on-screen instructions.
6. Install QuickBooks desktop after the complete install of MSXML file
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error code 1603 while installing or opening QuickBooks but in case if it still exists please speak with our experts.
You may also like to read:
- Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows
- Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
- QuickBooks Error 1904