QuickBooks Error 15271 occurs when you download the latest QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll update. Error Code 15271 usually occurs when the file cannot be validated.
The error may look like:
Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
In this post, we’ll discuss about the causes and quick resolution steps to fix it.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15223
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 15271
- Improper QuickBooks Software Installtion
- Windows files that requires QuickBooks to run may damaged
The thing to do before fixing this error
Create Company file Backup
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
Important: Process to fix this problem may complex you can speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message.
3 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15271
Step 1: Turn off UAC in your Computer
- Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard and a Run box will come up
- Now type Control Panel and click OK
- Then go to User Accounts > User Accounts
- Now click on Change User Account Control Settings
- Then move the slider to Never Notify and click OK
- Now restart your computer
After performing the troubleshooting for QuickBooks, it’s good to Turn ON UAC on your computer for safety.
If the above step doesn’t work out for you, please proceed further with the below ones.
Important: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15215
Step 2: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Ctrl key from the keyboard and make double click on QuickBooks desktop icon. Do not release the Ctrl key until you see “No Company Open window” on your QuickBooks.
- Now go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now tab to the top
- Make a check on Reset Update and then click on Get Updates
- If asks, click on OK
- Once Update Complete appears. Click on Close
- Now close QuickBooks
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop, If asks to download new updates click on Yes.
Note: You can download the latest payroll tax table from here
Step 3: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
If the above steps don’t work for you. You can uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks on your computer.
You can also Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean install tool
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code 15271 but in case it still exists. Please speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or also you can leave us your message.
Last Updated on