QuickBooks Error 15270 occurs when you’re downloading the latest update of payroll. Error Code 15270 typically appears when something is blocking downloading the payroll update, Internet Explorer isn’t set as your default browser, etc.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15240
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- You’re entering Social Security Number(SSN) instead of Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- You may have not entered the Service key
- Internet Explorer is not your default browser
One Important thing to do before troubleshooting the issue
Create a Company File Backup
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a company file backup
Quick Note: The process to fix this issue may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message.
7 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Update
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Then go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Then click on Update Now to the top right corner
- Now make a check on Reset Update and click Get Updates (See an image below)
- Once Update is complete, close QuickBooks
Now restart your QuickBooks. Then,
- Go to Employees > Get Payroll Updates
- Choose Download Entire Payroll Update and click Update
Step 2: Download and Run Quick Fix my Program
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and now go to your Downloads (Ctrl+J)
- Make a double click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Then follow on-screen instructions to install it
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub from desktop
- Once it’s open, go to Program Problem and click Quick Fix my Program (See an image below)
- It may take some time to fix the issue
- Once completed, restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- If QuickBooks Update Service message comes up click on Install Now
If the same problem still exists after following the above 2 steps, please proceed further with the below steps.
Step 3: Ensure that Internet Explorer is your Default Browser
- Press Windows+R keys to open Run Window
- Type INETCPL.CPL into the Run and click OK
- Then click on Programs and click on Make Internet Explorer the default browser
- Click on the default web browser and then choose Internet Explorer
Step 4: Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
- Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard together to open Run box
- Type Control Panel in Run command and click OK
- Now click User Accounts > User Accounts
- Then click Change User Account Control Settings
- Now move the slider to Never Notify and click OK (See an image below)
Step 5: Rename or Delete paysub.ini File
You may need to speak with our experts to rename the PAYSUB.INI file.
Step 6: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows+R key from the keyboard and a Run box will popout
- Type “Control Panel” into the Run Box and Click OK
- Choose Programs > Programs and Features
- Select QuickBooks from the list
- Click on Uninstall/Change and Yes
- Click Next
- Choose Repair and click Next
- Click Repair
- Now, this process may take some time to repair your QuickBooks Desktop
Step 7: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code 15270 but in case, if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts leave us your message.