QuickBooks Error 15243 occurs when you’re updating QuickBooks Payroll or Desktop. Error Code 15423 typically occurs when Intuit FCS Service is disabled.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix it.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15241
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 15423
- Intuit FCS Service is not running
- Anti-Virus is blocking access to download the latest file
Things to do before troubleshooting
A. Create a Company File Backup
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a company file backup
B. Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Close QuickBooks & press and hold Ctrl key from the keyboard. Don’t release the keys until QuickBooks is open on your computer.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now tab to the top
- Click Get Updates
- Once QuickBooks update successfully click on Close
Note: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message.
Simple Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 15243
Step 1: Enable QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service(FCS)
- Press Windows+R keys together from keyboard to open Run window
- Type COMPMGMT.MSC into the Run command and click OK
- Now Computer Management Window will open then click on Services and Applications
- Then click on Services
- Now scroll the cursor down, until you found Intuit QuickBooks FCS
- Then make a double click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS
- Click on Startup type and choose Manual
- Then click Apply and OK
- Now reopen QuickBooks Desktop
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15271
Step 2: Revalidate QuickBooks Payroll Service Key
- Go to Employees > My Payroll Service
- Then choose Activate Service Key
- Under the Service Keys window highlight the current payroll and select Edit
- Click on Next until finish comes up
- Now your QuickBooks Payroll is revalidated
If you’re still getting QuickBooks error code 15243 after following the above 2 steps, please proceed further with the below ones.
Step 3: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows+R key from the keyboard and a Run box will popout
- Type “Control Panel” into the Run Box and Click OK
- Choose Programs > Programs and Features
- Select QuickBooks from the list
- Click on Uninstall/Change and Yes
- Click Next
- Choose Repair and click Next
- Click Repair
- Now, this process may take some time to repair your QuickBooks Desktop.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15223 or Error 15215
Step 4: Update the Payroll Tax Table
You can download the latest QuickBooks Payroll Tax table so you can process payroll without any hurdles.
To download the latest payroll update:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Employee > Get Payroll Updates
- Make a check on the Download Entire Update
- Then select Download Latest Update
- A Window will appear once it’s updated successfully.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error Code 15243, in case it still exists. You can speak to our experts TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message.