QuickBooks Error 15222 occurs when you download payroll or desktop updates within the software. Error Code 15222 can be found in QuickBooks 2019, 2020 and 2021
Below we described the causes and solution steps to fix this error code.
Causes for QuickBooks Error 15222
- Antispyware, Antimalware see the QuickBooks update as a threat
- Internet Explorer is not set as a default browser
- To register a digital signature, the Internet explorer function no longer works
- QuickBooks Error code 15222 is not associated with any antivirus software but it can be if it’s coupled with anti-virus software
Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 6000
4 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15222
STEP 1: Install a digital signature certificate
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks and search for QBW32.exe
- One you found QBW32.exe make a right-click on it and select Properties
- Click on the Digital Signature tab and ensure that Intuit Inc. is selected in the list
- Click Details (See an image below)
- In the Digital Signature details windows, click View Certificate
- In the Certificate window, click Install Certificate
- Click Next until the finish is displayed.
- Then click Finish
- Restart the computer and then open QuickBooks again
- Now Download the Update once again
STEP 2: Update Antispyware, Antimalware in your computer
If you’re using any antispyware, antimalware in your computer ensures that they’ll are updated in order to allow below exceptions.
1. QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, Payroll.com
2. qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe
STEP 3: Verify your Internet Connection Settings
1. Make Internet Explorer as your default browser
Note: As Microsoft officially launched a new browser named as EDGE for Windows 10. At this point, it’s not supported by QuickBooks desktop
2. Verify that your computer date and timing is correct
3. Check your cipher strength
Note: If cipher strength is lower than 128 encryption it means internet explorer is damaged.
4. Now update settings by selecting Tools and Internet options
Step 4: Turn Off Firewall and Network Protection
- Make a right-click on the Start button
- Choose Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- On the left pane, choose the Windows Security tab and click Open Windows Security
- Under the Windows Security window, choose Firewall and Network Protection
- Click on Domain, Private, and Public Network one by one and turn off the Microsoft Defender Firewall with all type of network
After following all the above step you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error 15222 but incase it still exist, please speak with our experts.