QuickBooks Error Code 15215 occurs when you download the latest payroll update. It usually happens when another application is conflicting to download the new updates.
This error message looks like:
Error 15215: Unable to verify the digital signature
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll updates may also be unable to connect with the server because your firewall or anti-software is blocking due to the current settings.
Important: You may also like to read QuickBooks Error 1603
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 15215
- Your current antivirus settings are blocking the latest payroll update to install into your computer
- Another application is running at the background while downloading the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll update
- QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature with the latest update files.
Things to do before fixing this error
A. Create Company file Backup
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
3. Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
B. Update QuickBooks Desktop
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
3. Select Update Now tab from the top and click Get Updates
4. Once Update is complete, click on Close
Quick Note: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message.
3 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15215
Step 1: Run QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Now make a right-click on QuickBooks Desktop and select Run as Administrator
- If asks, click on Yes
- Now your QuickBooks is running with all the administrator permissions.
Step 2: Ensure TLS 1.0 Settings
- Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard and a Run box will pop out
- Type INETCPL.CPL into the Run box and click on OK
- Under the Internet Properties click on Advanced tab
- Now scroll the cursor down to the security section and ensure that TLS 1.0 is checked
- One more thing to make sure that TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are unchecked
After following the above two steps if the same problem still exists please proceed further with the below steps.
Quick Note: You may also like to read QuickBooks Error 12002
Step 3: Restart Computer in Selective Startup
- Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard and a Run box will come up
- Now type MSCONFIG into the Run box and click OK
- Under the General tab, choose Selective startup and ensure that Load startup items option is unchecked
- Then click OK
- If prompted, click on Restart
- Once your computer restarted, open QuickBooks and download the payroll tax table again
- If the download has been successfully installed follow the above 1&2 points again for this step and choose Normal Startup
- Click Apply and OK
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15215 and in case if the same problem still exists. Please speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave your concern to us.
You may also like to read: