QuickBooks Error 15102 occurs when you’re trying to update your QuickBooks desktop or downloading payroll updates.
This error code may look like
Error 15102: Failed to reset update
Causes for QuickBooks error code 15102
1. Download location isn’t available or not accessible
2. You’re not logged in as an administrator
3. QuickBooks is running in multi-user mode on the terminal environment
Things to do before fixing this error code
If you can open QuickBooks Desktop do the following for installing the latest update.
A. Update QuickBooks desktop
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop
3. Select the Update Now tab to the top and click Get Updates
B. Download the latest payroll tax table
1. Open QuickBooks
2. Go to Employees menu > Get payroll updates
3. Select Download entire update.
4. Now select, Download Latest Update
Quick Note: Process to fix this issue may complex, you can speak with our experts for quick resolution. TollFree 1-877-353-8076
4 Simple steps to fix QuickBooks error 15102
STEP ONE: Switch to the Single-user mode
1. Open QuickBooks
2. Go to File > Switch to Single-user Mode
STEP TWO: Verify mapped file location is correct
1. Press F2 or Ctrl+1 keys from the keyboard and check file location path
2. Then click OK
3. Now navigate to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
4. Select the Options tab
5. Verify the Download location path is correct.
If Shared Download is set as Yes that means, the drive in download location should be the same drive that appears in the product information
If Shared Download is set as No that means, a directory in download location should be the same drive that appears in the installation directory.
6. A location path is incorrect
If Yes for the shared folder is selected, choose No
If No for the shared folder is selected, choose Yes
7. Click Save and Close
Note: You can download QuickBooks desktop release and update manually from the official website.
STEP THREE: Remap the drive to a new letter, If the location is correct
1. Close your QuickBooks company file
2. Remap your drive to a new letter
3. Open your company file using a new map drive
4. Choose Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
5. Click the Options tab
6. Turn Shared Downloads off and turn it on again
7. Verify that download location is using the new mapped drive
8. Click Save and Close
After following all the 3 steps, If the same problem still exist please proceed further with the below step.
STEP FOUR: Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
1. Close QuickBooks desktop
2. Make a right-click on QuickBooks Desktop icon
3. Choose Run as administrator
4. Click Yes for allowing UAC permission
5. Download and Install QuickBooks release
After following all the above steps, you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error 15102 but in case it still exists. Please contact our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message