QuickBooks Error 15101 occurs when you’re downloading the latest QuickBooks or Payroll update.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and their solution steps.
Quick Note: You may also like to read QuickBooks Error 15271
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 15101
- Damaged Windows Files
- Improper Internet Explorer settings
- Internet Explorer digital signature is not updated
- Unsuited Firewall or Anti Virus configuration
- Digital Signature Certificate is not installed
One thing to remember before performing troubleshooting
Create Company file Backup
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
3. Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15223
4 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15101
Step 1: Run reboot.bat
Running reboot.bat files may help you to re-register your product file such as .DLL and .OCX in Windows.
- Close QuickBooks
- Make a right-click on Properties
- Under Shortcut tab click on Open File Location
- Now look for a reboot.bat or reboot file from the list depending on your Windows system
- Make a right-click on reboot.bat and select Run as administrator
- If asks, click Yes to allow user account permission. Now a CMD(black) window will open and showing you different file scrolling.
- Now restart your computer
- Then open QuickBooks Desktop, If you’re prompted to install the latest update click on Install Now.
Step 2: Verify Internet Explorer Settings
- Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard and type INETCPL.CPL and click OK
- Under the General tab, click on Delete then select Temporary Internet Files and Website Files
- Then click on Delete
- Now go the Connections tab, click on LAN settings. Now make sure Automatically detect settings and click OK
- Under the Advanced tab, scroll the cursor down to the security section and ensure that TLS 1.2 is checked. If TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not checked.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15215
Step 3: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks XX. XX represents the QuickBooks version you’re currently using
- Now type QBW32.exe to the top right side corner and then make a right-click on QBW32 and go to Properties
- Now go to Digital Signatures and select Intuit from the list (See an image below)
- Then click on Details
- Click on View Certificate and then click Install Certificate…
- Click Next until Finish isn’t coming up. Then click Finish
- Once the import was successful. Restart your computer
- Then open QuickBooks Desktop again.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error 15222
Step 4: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
If the same problem still exists the best thing is to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
You can also Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Important: Before you uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, make sure you’re handy with License and Product Number for the product. If you lost the information click here to retrive.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Error 15101 but if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts. Call TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or leave us your message.