QuickBooks is a vital tool for many businesses in today’s world and it is also essential to keep the software and Windows updated simultaneously but sometimes after installing the latest update or upgrade users encounter the problem where the QuickBooks Desktop font size is too small.
It generally occurs when you have a new higher resolution monitor and it’s required to change QuickBooks default settings.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solutions steps to fix this problem.
Causes for this problem
- A new higher resolution monitor installed
- DPI settings changed recently on your computer
Note: The process to fix this may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.
5 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Font Size too Small
Please Note: Solution steps may vary according to the Windows version.
Step 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Click on Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
Step 2: Change DPI Settings in QuickBooks
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Make a right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Go to Properties > Compatibility tab
- Select Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
- Select Apply and then OK
- Now open QuickBooks and see if the same problem still exists, follow the net steps
Note: You may also face QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues.
Step 3: Adjust View Preferences in QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Edit > Preferences
- Select Desktop View > My Preferences
- Shift view from Multiple Windows to One Window
Step 4: Change Windows Display Settings
QuickBooks Desktop works with the default Windows DPI Settings, changing the settings may cause a display issue on all your program not only with QuickBooks.
- Make a right-click on your Desktop screen
- Select Display Settings
- Under the Scale and Layout section, make sure Change the size of text, apps, and other items are set as 100%(Recommended). If not, you can do it from the drop-down menu.
- Close the open Window
- Now Restart your computer to implement the changes
Step 5: Edit the Screen Resolution Settings
- Make a right-click on your Desktop screen and select Display Settings
- Under, Display resolution select 1920 x 1080 (Highly Recommended). If 1920 x 1080 is not available, select your resolution at least 1024 x 768.
- Click on Keep Changes to save the settings
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Font Size too Small issue but in case the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues