QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a troubleshooting tool to solve common QuickBooks errors. So, if QuickBooks is giving you trouble in day-to-day operations, then you should think of using a QB connection diagnostic tool.
You should use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool if you are unable to use QuickBooks because of database errors, firewall issues, and connection problems. Moreover, if you have any errors that are bugging users across the servers, QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool can be a savior.
Before using QuickBooks diagnostic tool, please note that the tool is only available for Windows and not the macOS version.
Problems That You Can Solve with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The diagnostic tool is a comprehensive solution if you are facing common errors while using QuickBooks.
So, if you are facing any of the following errors or problems, then you should use the tool:
- Restriction in accessing (Access Denial) to central QuickBooks database
- Unexpected QuickBooks errors including ‘-6150’. ‘-6000, -301’, ‘-6000, -82’, ‘-6130’, ‘-6147’, etc.
- Blank vendor, customer or employee lists
- Missing entries in employee lists
- Multi-user related errors like H101, H202, H303 & H505
- Corrupt QuickBooks files that need repairs or missing files
- Malware or virus affected QuickBooks files
In short, you can resolve all your issues with QuickBooks connection diagnostic tools. So, if you have any issues, you should install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, right away.
IMPORTANT: You may also like to read about QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor
Steps to Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Step 1: Download
Go to Intuit.com to download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool on your computer. Once you download, save the installation package file on your computer and click on setup.
Step 2: Install
Please make sure you don’t have any previous installations on your computer before installation. If there is an older version installed, that can cause further issues. Resultantly, your whole diagnostic effort can go in vain.
Once you are sure there is no previous installation, click on the setup file. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the installation to complete.
Step 3: Open it to Solve Your Issues
Once the installation finishes, wait for the tool to start automatically. If it doesn’t, then go to the installed directory and click on the .exe file.
When the tool opens, select your company file from the list of company files available for diagnosis.
If you are using QuickBooks as a single user, then you need not use the network connectivity option.
Using the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
When your installation is complete and you have checked the diagnostic tool, then you can start using the same for diagnosis. Here is how to use the tool:
- Open QuickBooks software from the desktop icon or installation directory
- If your file is not opening, then open QuickBooks with any other company file for the moment
- Go to the utility menu and click on ‘Repair File & Network Problems’
- On the pop-up window that appears, click on ‘Yes’ when it asks for personal information collection and sharing.
- Search for the folder where your damaged company file is saved. Click on open.
- From the pop-up window, choose ‘Show Advanced Settings’.
- Browse the drop-down list and choose the problem you are facing currently
- On the next screen, enter your QuickBooks login credentials
- Click on ‘QuickBooks Connection Tool’ when prompted and the diagnosis process will begin.
Give the tool some time to diagnose the problem and repair the same. The tool might take several minutes to complete the process. So, you should ideally leave the system unused at this moment.
Once the process is complete and you see a success message, restart QuickBooks and open your repaired file.
Some Other Problems You Can Solve with QB Connection Diagnostic Tool
You can also use the tool to solve other network-related and database-related issues. If the above steps don’t solve your problems, then you can use the tool as below:
- Open Connection Diagnostic Tool from the installation directory
- If you are facing firewall related issues, then you should click on ‘Firewall Status’. It will show you basic firewall information and suggest steps to resolve firewall issues.
- If there is a connectivity issue, then you should open the ‘Test Connectivity’ tab. Open your company file and click on the ‘Test Connectivity’ button. Follow the onscreen instructions if the connection fails.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool automatically resolves errors related to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++. So, you don’t have to worry about solving these manually, if you still face any issue, it is recommended that you update Windows, or install QuickBooks in selective startup mode.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool will help you repair most of the issues on your own. But if you are still facing any issue or are confused about how to use the tool, then you should definitely contact a professional expert. He/she will ensure that your errors are rectified and you can start using QuickBooks again, without any trouble.