When installing or updating QuickBooks Desktop you may encounter an error: Sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop. This issue generally arises because there is an issue with Windows.
Also, this issue may also arise when a third-party app blocks some processes that require running QuickBooks Desktop. You may also have issues with the .NET framework. You can follow the below steps to fix this.
We’ve discussed the causes and solution steps to fix this issue.
One important thing to do before starting with the troubleshooting steps
If you can open the company file, it’s suggested to create a backup before the troubleshooting steps.
A. Create a company file backup
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a company file backup
B. Update the QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Click on Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
Note: The process to fix this may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message and we’ll contact you.
6 Simple Steps to Fix an Error: Sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run command
- Type inetcpl.cpl and click OK to open the Internet Properties
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Then click on Reset..
- Click on Reset again
- Click Apply and OK
Step 2: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and then go to your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
Step 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to the Installation issues tab, click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Once the process is complete, click OK
- Now open QuickBooks company file
If the same problem still exists, please proceed further with the below steps.
Step 4: Disable firewall or antivirus software
We need to disable the firewall and antivirus for temporary purposes because they may block some necessary files to run QuickBooks Desktop.
To turn off the Firewall
- Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open a Run command
- Type Control and click OK
- Go to System and Security
- Select Windows Defender Firewall
- From the left bar click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off
- Under the Private and Public network setting choose Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall
To turn off an Antivirus
- Click on the System Tray(see an image below)
- Then make a right click on the Antivirus and choose turn off/disable.
You can also check your antivirus manufacturer’s website to turn off/disable it temporarily.
Step 5: Install QuickBooks Desktop or run the update again
If you were unable to install the QuickBooks Desktop and facing an Error: Sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop you can install the QuickBooks Desktop now or run the update again.
Ensure to keep your QuickBooks license and product number handy. To install QuickBooks Desktop:
- Visit the QuickBooks Downloads website
- Then click on Standard Setup
- Now select the Country
- Then choose your Product such as QuickBooks Pro, Premier, etc.
- Click the version such as 2020, 2021, etc.
- Then click Download
- Once the QuickBooks is downloaded, run the setup.exe to install
- Now follow on screen instructions to install the QuickBooks Desktop
Step 6: Create a New Windows Admin User
- Make a right-click on a Start key and select Settings
- Select Accounts
- Click on Family and Other Users
- Click Add someone else to This PC
- Follow on-screen instructions to create a new user
- Give the new user all the administrator right
If you’re a Windows 7 or 8 user, please refer Microsoft website to create a new user.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face an error: Sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop but in case if the same problem exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.
- Sorry, We need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop
- Troubleshooting QuickBooks Data Damage Issue
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- We are sorry, it looks like you need a subscription to start using QuickBooks Desktop.