QuickBooks is one of the best software for businesses for the last several years, it helps them to achieve their goals on time. Intuit upgrade their products every year to fulfill all the requirement on time with the latest technology. It’s also very important to download and install QuickBooks Desktop 2021 with the latest release.
As QuickBooks is a financial software, it is good to use supported Microsoft Windows.
In this post, we’ve covered the complete process to install QuickBooks 2021.
Things to do before downloading and installing QuickBooks Desktop
If you’re already using QuickBooks and planning to download new QuickBooks software, you need to keep the below things in mind.
A. Update the current QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now
- Click on Get Updates
- It may take some time to update the QuickBooks Desktop
B. Create a Company File Backup
It’s a recommendation from us is to create the company file backup because if there would be any fallback in between the upgrading process, you’ll not lose any of your data.
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a company file backup
C. Verify and Rebuild the Company File
Before downloading the new QuickBooks version, it’s good to verify and rebuild the company file for data integrity check-up.
To verify the data
- Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
- Click OK to close all open windows
- If QuickBooks doesn’t detect any problem with your data click OK
To rebuild the data
- Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Click OK and then Save to create a backup
- Once rebuild has completed click on View Results
- If you found 0 issues please proceed further with the below
Quick Note: If you want our experts to help you with the complete process. You can leave your message to us.
4 Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021
In this post, we believe that you purchase the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 from Intuit website. In case you purchase it from the retailers, please jump to Step 2.
Step 1: Purchase QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- Visit QuickBooks Website for purchasing the product
- Select the Quickbooks version and number of users
- Then click Buy Now
- If you want to purchase it with payroll select the right payroll subscription or otherwise click on Continue without Payroll
- Click on Checkout
- If you’re purchasing QuickBooks for the first time, please enter the respective information such as Contact or Payment information.
- If you’re already a QuickBooks user click on Sign in to log in to the existing account
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase order
Important: With the order confirmation email, you’ll receive the License & Product number. Please save it somewhere safe as we need it in between the installation process.
Step 2: Download QuickBooks Desktop 2021
After making the purchase for QuickBooks Desktop 2021, now you are ready to go for downloading it. You’ve received a confirmation email that includes your product information with a download link.
You can also download the software manually by following the below steps.
- Visit the QuickBooks Downloads website
- Then click on Standard Setup
- Now select the Country
- Then choose Product as QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, etc.
- Then select version as 2021
- Click Search
- Now click on Download(See an image below)
The file size is large it may take some time to download, depending on your internet speed. Once the download is complete, please proceed further to install the QuickBooks.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- Click on the .exe file to install
- If asks, click on Yes to allow UAC permissions
- Next windows prompt you to click on Next. It starts extracting files
- Click on Accept & Continue
- Then accept the License Agreement and click Next
- Then enter the License and Product Number
- Click Next
- Now choose the installation type Express or Custom and Network options
Express installation – It is recommended by Intuit itself. If you’re using QuickBooks on one computer where the company files are also located, use this installation type. It also helps to replace the current version and use existing settings.
Custom and Network installation – This option is used when the company is located on the network or server.
- Click Next
- Now you may see a window where it asks you to replace the current version which is already installed on your computer. Click Next
- Now the installation process may take sometime to install the software.
- Once complete click on Open QuickBooks
Once the QuickBooks Desktop is installed on your computer. It’s time to activate it, please proceed further to do it.
Step 4: Activate QuickBooks Desktop
After installing the product, it will ask you to activate the QuickBooks. You can also activate the product manually by following the below steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Activate QuickBooks Desktop
- Follow the onscreen instructions to verify the information
Now your QuickBooks is ready to use. It’s time to create a new company file(for the new users) or restore the previous company file.
After following all the above steps you can download and install QuickBooks Desktop 2021. In case, you need help in between the process, you can dial our TollFree or leave us your inquiry.
- Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download the old QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Versions