In this post, we’ll discuss converting Moneyspire to Quicken. We’ll see the complete process of converting Moneyspire data into Quicken for Windows and Mac.
Some words about Moneyspire and Quicken
Moneyspire is a personal and small business financial software developed by Moneyspire Inc. The software is available with both operating systems Windows and Mac. You can download bank’s transactions directly using a moneyspire connect feature and you can keep track of your loan, bills, investments, and budget. It imports your financial institution’s transactions in QFX, QIF, and CSV format and available to export data only in QIF format.
Quicken is also individual and small business financial software developed by Quicken Inc. It’s one of the leading personal finance software from the last decades. The software is available to run with Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can download financial institution data with different connection methods and keep track of your loan, investments and property and debt accounts too.
Things to do before transferring from Moneyspire to Quicken
A. Ensure that Moneyspire is up to date
1. Open Moneyspire
2. Go to Help > Software update
B. Make a backup for Moneyspire data file
We recommend you to create a backup for your moneyspire data because if there would be any fall back in between the process we can get back to the starting point.
To create a backup
1. Open Moneyspire
2. Go to File > Backup…
3. Follow on-screen instructions to create a backup.
Simple Steps for Converting Moneyspire to Quicken
A. Export Moneyspire files using QIF format
2. Go to File > Export QIF…
3. Click on Select file to export to on the next screen
4. Next screen prompts you to browse a location
5. Once location assigned click on Save to export a file
B. Import Moneyspire files into Quicken using QIF format
As your Moneyspire file is exported and ready to import into Quicken. We recommend you that create a new Quicken file to import Moneyspire data file. To create a new Quicken file (if you’re already a Quicken user)
2. Go to File > New Quicken File…
3. Select New Quicken File and click OK
4. Give a name to your new Quicken file and click Save
5. Next screen prompts you to sign in into your Quicken account
6. Now follow on-screen instructions until your file is ready
7. As your new Quicken file is ready to import
8. Click on File > Import > QIF File…
9. On next screen click on Browse to locate the Moneyspire file that you exported
10. Once you select a file to import, make a check on your suitable options that are under Include in import
11. Now click on Import
12. Now your Moneyspire data migrated into Quicken successfully.
Things to ensure after transferring from Moneyspire to Quicken
You’re almost ready to go now with Quicken file. Please do the following to continue with the previous data.
A. Setup your account for online download
1. Click on the account to set up online download
2. Click on the Gear Icon with a drop-down arrow and choose Set up Online
3. Follow on-screen instructions
Once Quicken show you the list of account make sure to LINK them with your existing account instead of adding it and then Quicken will download your upcoming information to the linked account. Refer a below image for an example.
B. Check your payee, category, and accounts
You may see payee, categories and account are different than Microsoft Money because characters are permitted and character length allowed in Quicken.
To check Account details
1. Go to Tools > Account List
2. Click on Edit for the account that you want to change some information
3. Now you can apply the changes that you want.
To check payee details
1. Go to Tools > Memorized Payee List
2. Click on a payee that you want to change
3. Click Edit
4. Now you can apply the changes that you want and then click on OK
To check Categories details
1. Go to Tools > Category List
2. Choose a category that you want to have some changes and right click on it
3. Click on Edit
4. Once changes applied then click on Save