When opening the QuickBooks Point of Sale you may encounter an error Connection Failed. Error: Connection Failed in QuickBooks Point of Sale generally occurs when the entitlement client folder is damaged.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix this problem.
Quick Note: You may also face Application Update Required in QBPOS
Causes for Connection Failed in QBPOS
- Program update is getting installed on the other workstation
- Firewall or security software preventing QBPOS to open
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale entitlement client folder got damaged
- QuickBooks Point of Sale version is installed on this computer
Things to do before starting with the troubleshooting steps
1. Ensure that QBPOS program is updated in all workstations
You need to ensure with each of your wokstation that QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is updated. To check it:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Go to Help > About Point of Sale
2. Restart the Computer
Restarting the computer will help us to start all the processes from the initial stage. It may also help to perform all the troubleshooting as expected.
Note: Process to fix this problem may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Call TollFree or Leave us your message.
4 Simple Steps to Fix Connection Failed in QuickBooks Point of Sale
Step 1: Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Press Windows+E keys together to open File Explorer
- To the top menu, select the View tab > Hidden items
- Make a right-click on a Start button and select Control Panel
- Click on Appearances and Personalization > Fonts > Folder Options
- Under the folder options window select View tab, select Hidden files and folders and choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click Apply and then OK
- Click on Start and then select Control Panel
- Click Appearances and Personalization
- Under folder options click Show hidden files and folders
Step 2: Delete WSActivity File Folder
- Browse to C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of SaleXX.
- Open the INI folder, then delete the WSActivity file
- If asks, click Yes to confirm
Step 3: Delete Contents of Entitlement Client Folder
- Browse to C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Now press Ctrl+A to select all the files at once
- Then make a right-click and click Delete
- Click Yes to confirm
If the above steps don’t work out for you, please proceed further with below one too.
Step 4: Configure Firewall
This problem may also arise because of the firewall configuration. If the firewall is blocking access to the workstation then you might face this problem while working with QB POS.
You can speak with our experts for a firewall configuration.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks Point of Sale Error: Connection Failed but in case if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.
- Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 176109
- The connection is broken in QuickBooks Point of Sale