In this article, we’ll discuss “Users cannot find Quicken in control panel to uninstall.” Users can uninstall & reinstall Quicken easily from the control panel.
In order to upgrade Quicken, users directly install the new version of Quicken upon the old version which may lead the misconfiguration sometimes and due to that users aren’t able to work with new or nor with the old Quicken version. So to make this process little easy please consider the below steps.
If you haven’t installed the new version of Quicken. You can simply uninstall and reinstall Quicken to make your installation process easy.
Things to remember before following the below steps
A. Quicken is up to date
1. Open Quicken
2. Go to Help > Check for Updates
3. If the update is available click on Yes to launch.
B. Create a data file backup
We recommend you to create a backup before following the below steps because if there would be any fall back in between the process so we can get back to where we started.
1. Open Quicken
2. Go to File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File…
Follow on-screen instructions to make a secure backup.
Simple steps to fix if you Cannot find Quicken in Control Panel to Uninstall
1. Create a folder on your Desktop. Right click on desktop and go to New > Folder.
2. Now download QcleanUI.exe** and MSIclean.exe** to the new folder
3. Once you download the files, Go to the new folder and double click on QcleanUI.exe
4. If asks, click Yes to allow permissions
5. Select Clean all and then click on Clean
6. Once completed click on Quit
Note: This process may take some time to complete.
**QcleanUI.exe and MSIclean.exe are the properties of Quicken Inc and they may update these files occasionally. You can download these files from here.
After following all the above steps you’ll be able to install the new version of Quicken but in case if the same problem exists please speak with one of our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076