While updating the Quicken software you may encounter an error “The Update Failed to Install” it generally happens when the Quicken installation is conflicting with the other application on your computer.
There are many possibilities of this issue so we’ve discussed the troubleshooting steps below to make the Quicken software up and running again.
Things to do before starting with the troubleshooting steps
If you can open Quicken software, it’s recommended to follow the below steps before starting with the troubleshooting process.
A. Create Quicken data file backup
- Open Quicken
- Go to the File > Backup and Restore
- Click on Backup Now
B. Validate Quicken File
- Go to File > Validate & Repair
- Make a check on Validate
- Then click OK
Causes for this error
- Quicken software installtion is damaged/courrpted
- The other application is conflicting with the update process
- The Windows Temp folder is too big
Note: The process to fix this error code may be complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message and we’ll contact you.
5 Simple Steps to Fix An Error Occurred: The Update Failed to Install in Quicken
Before you start with the troubleshooting steps ensure that Quicken software is closed.
Step 1: Install Quicken Mondo Patch
- Download the Quicken mondo patch directly from Quicken website
- Then click on the Mondo Patch update link
- Once the patch is downloaded, click on it to install
- Then click on Update
- If asks, click on Yes to allow the permissions
- Once the update is completed, click on Start Quicken
If the same problem still exists, please proceed further with the below steps.
Step 2: Clean the Windows Temp Folder
- Close Quicken
- Press Windows+E keys together to open the File Explorer
- Make a right click on (C:) drive and select Properties
- Click on Disk Cleanup
- Make a check only on the Temporary Files. If other files are checked, ensure to uncheck them
- Then click OK
- Click Delete Files. It may take sometime to delete the temp file.
Step 3: Incorrect Quicken Installation Location
- Make a right click on the Quicken desktop icon
- Choose Properties
- Under the Shortcut tab, ensure the target location. The target location should be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe” if it’s not reinstall Quicken may help to resolve this issue.
- If the target location is correct jump to the below step
Step 4: An another application is conficting with the update
There are some chances that when installing Quicken update the other application process may conflict with the update, it’s good to close the other applications while installing Quicken or restart the computer may help too.
To restart the computer:
- Click on the Start button
- Click on the Power key
- Select Restart
Once your computer is back try to install the mondo patch update as explained in Step 1.
Step 5: Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken Software
There are chances that the Quicken installation is damaged/corrupted by uninstalling and reinstalling the software also helps to resolve this issue.
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run command
- Type Control and click OK
- Click on the Programs > Programs and Features
- Choose Quicken from the list of programs and then click Uninstall(at the top)
- Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the program
To reinstall Quicken, you can click here to follow the complete process.
After following all the above steps, you will no longer face An Error Occurred: The Update Failed to Install in Quicken but in case if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.